Friday 25 April 2014

Contouring made easy

After taking elfs contouring master class yesterday, (see post here) I couldn't wait to try all my new goodies this morning.

Before I start applying any make up I usually prep my face with Nivea Visage reviving day cream. The moisturiser gives my skin a healthy looking glow and keeps it well hydrated - something thats very important to me as I suffer with dry skin. The product can be picked up in most supermarkets and drugstores.


Once the moisturiser has settled into my skin I go on to my usual foundation routine using Benefit "hello flawless" in Ivory with a flat head foundation brush. Once I have applied the foundation I use Loreal Paris "True match minerals" to create a matte look that leaves my skin looking airbrushes. 


From there I go on to apply my eyebrows. I use an eyebrow pencil from a previous Brows kit that I own. I also used Elfs eyebrow kit that includes the wax and power in a shade medium. Everyone who knows me knows that I am a huge eyebrow fan and will spend more time applying my eyebrows than any other make-up. I first of all use my pencil to define the shape of my brow and use as a guide line later on. I then take my angled brush and brush the wax over my eyebrow and later setting the wax with the power provided in the kit. 

I've been lusting after the contour look for months and finally got to take a class on perfecting this look. I was pleasantly surprised that the look can be achieved in 2 simple products using a figure of 8 motion. To create the look before to pick up Elf Concealer Stick and Elf Contouring Blush and Bronzer set. 


 Using the guide the class provided I recreated the look on myself using these products. To finish off the look I used my new elf glittered blusher; "Twinkle Pink" and Collection 2000 mascara. 



No comments:

Post a Comment