Tuesday 10 September 2013

Styling Up

Earlier this week I was approached by the online fashion styling based company "styling up" to review their brand new, up and coming fashion advice and online shopping site.

I was instantly impressed with their goals to help women of all dress sizes according to their body shape. My favourite bit was knowing that I was getting the same excellent results as I would in John Lewis and House of Fraser, expect I didn't have the disapproving sales assistant "MmmHmm" over the size of my arse.

Styling up is an easy to use site that takes registering to a whole new level. When registering, providing you already have your bust, hip, waist and inside leg measurements, registration will only take 2 minutes. From there you can access the items stylists have personally chosen for your body type using categories like style, price, occasion etc.

If this wasn't appealing enough for you, you can now earn Style Points. Style Points can be gained when purchasing items, reviewing, inviting friends and social networking interaction. You get 15 points just for signing up! Now you're probably thinking collecting Style Points is exactly like a Tescos Club Card - you need about 10,000 points just to get a 1st class stamp. But Styling up is different. For just a mere 150 points you can get a £10 M&S voucher or 200 points a gorgeous silicone necklace by Beija Flor.

Now down to the good stuff - the clothes. I will be honest I wasn't expecting much in terms of the clothing range due to it being a start up, however, I had the greatest shock when I saw that online giant brands like Miss Guided and Boohoo were available. I had an even greater shock when I saw that my-favourite-designer-but-too-poor-to-afford French Connection were available and affordable.

I've included some of my favourite picks.

French Connection - Big Brushstroke Draped Crop Trousers - £55

I have fallen head over absolute heels for these trousers. It's no secret that I am a big lover of dark colours and outrageously bold printed trouser so these are my biggest fashion dream. At a mere £55 they're not ridiculously unaffordable as well.



French Connection Chequerboard shorts - £37.50


These masculine style shorts are perfect for a late summer evenings or a night on he town. The bold print stands out that you could simply team them up with a blazer and a plain t-shirt focusing just on accessories. The tie waist belt adds a touch of femininity while ensuring your waist size is accentuated. 


Styling Ups website: www.stylingup.com
Styling Ups blog: www.blog.stylingup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment